Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 10:51 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk on the Street" Thursday.
Starwood Hotel & Resorts Worldwide (HOT) reported solid earnings results. Cramer said he likes CEO Frits Van Paasschen. HOT rose 4.5% to $73.61.
Deutsche Bank downgraded Panera Bread (PNRA) to hold from buy. Cramer acknowledged the conference call was discouraging. PNRA was up 1% to $153.94.Citigroup upgraded Chesapeake Energy (CHK) to buy from hold. Cramer agreed with the call, adding, "I think there is more value there." CHK was 4% higher at $28.37. Cramer called Medidata Solutions (MDSO) a great American growth company and said he likes CEO Tarek Sherif. MDSO jumped 19.6% to $123.10. FBR initiated Express Scripts (ESRX) and CVS Caremark (CVS) as a buy. Cramer suggested CVS may be the better choice. ESRX was flat at $63.74 but CVS rose 1% to $62.07. Banco Santander SA (SAN) reported a great quarter and is, in Cramer's words, "back and it's bigger than ever!" SAN ended the day up 1% at $9.06. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV