Fidelity Investments Launches Fidelity Floating Rate High Income Fund And Two New U.S. Investment Options To Build On Its Industry Leading High Net-worth Offering
TORONTO, Oct. 22, 2013 /CNW/ - Fidelity Investments Canada ULC announces the launch of Fidelity Floating Rate High Income Fund, managed by experienced Fidelity investment professionals Eric Mollenhauer and Kevin Nielsen.
"With widespread uncertainty around how long interest rates can stay at today's historically low levels, more and more Canadians are looking for investment products that can help mitigate the effects of rising interest rates on their portfolios while also seeking income from their investment," said Craig Strachan, Head of Product, Fidelity Investments Canada ULC. "The Fund can provide Canadians with both. It is a high yield offering that aims to provide a steady flow of income by investing primarily in floating rate debt of non-investment-grade issuers located in the U.S. or whose debt is denominated in U.S. dollars."
The Fidelity Investments organization has over 65 years of experience in managing money on behalf of investors with over 800 investment professionals worldwide. Fidelity has been managing high income solutions since 1977 including floating rate debt, high yield debt and equities and emerging market debt and is a global multi-asset class solutions provider.
A unique asset class with multiple benefitsWhile floating rate debt funds are relatively new in Canada, Fidelity has been a market leader in managing this asset class in the U.S. for a number of years; including launching the first daily liquidity floating rate debt mutual fund in 2000. Canadian investors can benefit from Fidelity's deep bench of talent and management experience in this unique asset class. Additional benefits of utilizing Fidelity's offering include:
- Help to mitigate the impact of rising interest rates: Floating rate coupons tend to move in tandem with short-term interest rates, thereby helping to reduce the impact that rising interest rates may have on a portfolio.
- Higher potential yields: The Fund invests in below investment grade floating rate debt, which may have higher yields than investment-grade fixed income securities.
- Greater diversification: Historically, floating rate debt has exhibited a low correlation of returns to many other asset classes which can potentially improve a portfolio's risk-adjusted returns.
- Seniority in the U.S. capital structure: Floating rate debt is typically senior and secured in a U.S. company's capital structure.
- Depth of resources: Fidelity has one of the largest high income investment research and portfolio management teams in the industry with more than 60 dedicated professionals 1. As a firm, Fidelity manages over $90 billion in high income assets and over $17 billion in floating rate debt assets 2.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV