HOUSTON, Oct. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Comerica Bank today announced that it is hosting a Thanksgiving Art Contest benefitting children currently served by Houston-based non-profit, DePelchin Children's Center. The contest, open to DePelchin children in the Greater Houston area ages 18 and under, gives children the opportunity to win seed money in a protected savings account for creating a drawing or painting depicting "what they're most thankful for this year," along with a 100-word description. Prizes in the contest include $500 savings accounts for the top 12 finalists and an additional $500 for the grand prize winner in each of the four age groups. The public voting period for the contest will take place on Comerica's Facebook page between October 22 and November 4, 2013. Additionally, in support of DePelchin's mental health, foster care and adoption programs, Comerica is providing an unrestricted $2,000 grant to the organization.
"The upcoming holiday season can be a challenging time for some children, especially those recently adopted, currently in the foster system or dealing with mental health issues. So, we formed a partnership with DePelchin Children's Center to give these kids a fun, creative way to express what they're thankful for, and in the process, give them a chance to earn a headstart on saving for the future," said J. Downey Bridgwater, Comerica's Houston Market President. "We're encouraging the community to vote in this contest and give these children an extra reason to be thankful this Thanksgiving."
Here's how the contest works:
- Children 18 and under currently served by DePelchin Children's Center have been asked to submit a drawing or painting, along with a 100-word description, depicting "what they're most thankful for this year."
- A local panel of judges narrowed down the entries to three finalists in each of four age groups.
- A Facebook voting gallery displaying the 12 finalist entries was launched today, October 22, on Comerica's Facebook page ( www.facebook.com/ComericaCares). The public voting period will run through November 4 and any Facebook users across Texas will be able to vote once daily in each of the four ages groups (6 & under, 7-10, 11-14, 15-18).
- The 12 finalists and their families will be invited to Comerica's Annual Thanksgiving Reception in Houston on November 7, where the grand prize winners in each age group will be announced.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV