McDonald's had an uninspiring quarter, which was surprising because of its lower prices and healthier menu, Cramer said.
But frankly, the fast-food vendor is simply not viewed as a healthy place to eat, he admitted.
Cramer suggested that people like eateries that have food with integrity, like Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG), which is his top restaurant pick.And while Panera Bread Company (PNRA) is also known for fresh, healthy food, Cramer said that analysts have been lowering their comparable-store sales estimates. Although the stock has not reflected the downgrades, he said he wanted to see the quarter before making a decision on the stock. Following Chipotle, he likes Noodles & Co. (NDLS), Wendy's (WEN) and Darden Restaurants (DRI) if it splits up. Cramer's last pick was McDonald's. He doesn't like Potbelly (PBPB) and is "on the fence" regarding Burger King (BKW). -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV