"Level one evidence is the strongest clinical evidence available and is important in developing standard of care and reimbursement," said Jay D. Miller, IMRIS CEO and President. "We look forward to the continuation of this trial and further results."
The IMRIS VISIUS Surgical Theatre with iMRI at Huashan Hospital allows neurosurgeons to take high-quality MR images during surgery to see the area of the brain they are operating on in exquisite detail, see tumor size and shape, and distinguish between healthy and unhealthy tissue more easily. The surgeon can take images before completing the surgery and check if additional tumor or abnormal tissue removal is needed to reduce risk of re-operation.
Unlike other iMRI systems, the scanner moves between two adjoining rooms - one intended for surgery and the other for diagnostic scanning - on ceiling-mounted rails to the patient so the surgical team can maintain optimal surgical positioning, access and techniques without moving the patient.
Huashan Hospital is one of three VISIUS Surgical Theatre installations in China with iMRI suites currently in development at two other Chinese hospitals.For complete information on the study, see http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT01479686. About IMRIS IMRIS (NASDAQ: IMRS; TSX: IM) is a global leader in providing image guided therapy solutions through its VISIUS Surgical Theatre - a revolutionary, multifunctional surgical environment that provides unmatched intraoperative vision to clinicians to assist in decision making and enhance precision in treatment. The multi-room suites incorporate diagnostic quality high-field MR, CT and angio modalities accessed effortlessly in the operating room setting. VISIUS Surgical Theatres serve the neurosurgical, spinal, cardiovascular and cerebrovascular markets and have been selected by 54 leading medical institutions around the world. SOURCE IMRIS Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV