As technology continues to change the way people shop, eBay today introduced a set of new features that make browsing and buying on eBay more personalized and inspiring. The company also announced a series of steps it is taking to accelerate its efforts in local commerce, including plans to extend its popular eBay Now delivery service to 25 markets by the end of 2014, including Chicago, which launches today.
Collections are groups of products that have been hand-selected from eBay's more than 500 million listed items by expert curators, eBay buyers, and sellers.
“The world is changing, with the lines between online and offline commerce blurring and the expectations of buyers and sellers rising rapidly,” said Devin Wenig, president of eBay Marketplaces. “With eBay’s latest steps, we are bringing together the best of what people need from a shopping experience – speed and convenience – with things people love about shopping, like discovery and inspiration.”
In recent years, traditional commerce and online commerce have begun to merge. Today, almost two-thirds (65 percent) of consumers in the U.S. 1 and one-third globally 2 use multiple channels to shop. At the same time, due to advancements in technology, consumers’ expectations of trusted and engaging shopping experiences have risen dramatically. With eBay’s mobile leadership, vast selection and improved fulfillment capabilities, the company is in a unique position to partner with retailers to address these converging trends.
“eBay is a technology company; we understand that retailers, brands and sellers of all sizes need a new set of solutions to deliver the kinds of experiences consumers expect in today’s environment,” continued Wenig. “We’re making fundamental changes to our business that put us in a position to be the right partner for merchants and the best place for people to shop – anytime, anywhere and on any device.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV