AeroVironment's Four-ounce Pocket DDL™ Is As Small As A Deck Of Playing Cards But Provides Secure Remote Access To Video And Data From DDL-equipped Helicopters, Airplanes, Unmanned Aircraft And Ground Robots. (Photo: Business Wire)
Association of the United States Army Annual Meeting - AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVAV) today unveiled its new Pocket DDL ™ secure digital video and data receiver. The four-ounce device enables remote viewing of video and data from AeroVironment small unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) as well as from helicopters, airplanes, other unmanned aircraft and ground robots equipped with the company’s Digital Data Link.
AeroVironment has delivered thousands of DDL-enabled unmanned aircraft systems. Each AeroVironment small unmanned air vehicle wirelessly transmits video and data to its operator via the company’s standard hand-held ground control unit and to an optional additional observer through a remote viewing terminal. Pocket DDL now gives anyone in the area secure access to view the video and data generated by any aircraft equipped with the company’s DDL on commercially available smart phones, tablets or virtually any USB equipped end-user display device.
“Small unmanned aircraft systems provide unprecedented situational awareness to their operators by virtue of their ease of use, low cost and aerial vantage point,” said Roy Minson, AeroVironment senior vice president and general manager of the company’s Unmanned Aircraft Systems business segment. “Pocket DDL is a valuable new connectivity tool, giving more people secure access to the critical information UAS can produce. This means that troops on the ground, rescuers responding to a disaster and farmers in the field can all receive and benefit from birds-eye video and remote sensing data.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV