School Districts Connect Students And Educators To Digital Learning Environments With Innovative Dell Infrastructure Solutions
Building on its portfolio of K-12 education solutions, Dell today announced the Dell PowerEdge VRTX to the education vertical. As K-12 school systems across the country personalize learning by leveraging digital content, tools and online learning, the need for a reliable and easy to manage IT infrastructure is increasingly important. PowerEdge VRTX is a converged IT solution that helps schools build a strong, reliable IT foundation to connect to online resources, facilitate collaborative learning and support online assessment required by the Common Core State Standards.
Combined with Dell’s end-to-end technology expertise, the Dell PowerEdge VRTX integrates servers, storage, networking and management into a compact design that fits underneath a desk. Along with a locking front bezel for security and office-quiet acoustics, VRTX provides simple, efficient and versatile systems management with a footprint that is much smaller than traditional multi-server configurations. This gives school districts the ability to support digital learning with the power and function of a complete data center in one compact chassis.
School districts across the country have already made VRTX a new component of their district infrastructure and the service they provide to each school as part of an important component to help provide cutting edge resources to support learning. The Mohawk Regional Information Center of Madison-Oneida Board of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES) in New York, Washington Saratoga Warren Hamilton Essex Board of Cooperative Educational Services in New York and Horry County Schools in South Carolina each rely on Dell PowerEdge VRTX to help personalize their learning environment.
The Mohawk Regional Information Center of Madison-Oneida BOCES was looking to decrease its IT footprint while delivering more flexible and high-quality educational programs to their 50+ growing school districts.
- “The Dell PowerEdge VRTX is an excellent fit for one of our major goals: getting a virtualized platform up and running in school districts that are growing and running out of room for physical servers. With one VRTX enclosure, a district can host dozens of virtual machines in a very small footprint,” said Joe DiFabio, telecommunications specialist, Mohawk Regional Information Center of Madison-Oneida Board of Cooperative Educational Services. “Dell PowerEdge VRTX gives our school districts the ability to fail over between compute nodes in the same enclosure, which can really make a difference by ensuring uptime for key applications, including email, file services, student management systems, transportation systems, and cafeteria systems.”
- “The Dell PowerEdge VRTX is a great solution for our school districts and helps reduce server sprawl and simplifies maintenance and management,” said Ken Morrill, network analyst, Washington Saratoga Board of Cooperative Educational Services. “One of the biggest attractions of the Dell PowerEdge VRTX for us is the low cooling and power requirement, because our districts generally do not have purpose-built data centers with robust air conditioning and power supplies. With VRTX, we can consolidate three or four servers down to just one efficient unit.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV