- The greatest difference between top and bottom performing firms was in their approach to talent retention. This included developing an interactive culture and offering an extended benefits package, flexible workplace arrangements and workplace perks.
- Firms that scored well in talent retention also tended to have stronger approaches towards talent acquisition. These firms used techniques such as implementing internship programs and actively recruiting a diverse workforce.
- Firms that displayed strong growth also emphasized learning and development. This included leadership training, formal mentorship programs and ongoing coaching for the management and investment teams.
- Another indicator of current and future success is the presence of a robust review process that includes peer reviews, separate performance and compensation discussions and the inclusion of qualitative as well as quantitative factors.
Citi Identifies “People Alpha” As Key Practice For Maturing Hedge Fund Industry
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts