NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Kimberly-Clark (KMB) received a post-earnings bump in share price before the bell on Tuesday following a better than expected earnings report.
The personal care company earned $1.44 a share excluding restructuring costs, four cents higher than Thomson Reuters estimates, and compared to $1.34 in the year-ago quarter.
The Kleenex manufacturer reported 5% organic sales growth, led by a 10% increase in its international divisions. Total revenue came in at $5.26 billion, unchanged from a year ago due to foreign exchange rates, restructuring costs in Europe and changes to pulp and tissue operations.
Sales in its personal care segment, which houses brands Kotex, Depend and Huggies, decreased 1% to $2.4 billion. Its consumer tissue segment including Kleenex and Cottonelle, gained 1% to $1.6 billion.
Total 2013 adjusted earnings per share were updated to within the range of $5.65 to $5.75. On the revision, Chairman and CEO Thomas J. Falk said in a statement, "We expect to deliver growth in adjusted earnings per share of 8 to 10 percent. That's toward the high end of, or slightly above, our long-term objective."Shares were up 2.7% to $101.49 in pre-market trading, after dipping 0.35% a day earlier. Year to date, the Texas-based company has climbed 17.1%, lower than the S&P 500's 22.32% gain. TheStreet Ratings team rates Kimberly-Clark Corp as a Buy with a ratings score of A. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate Kimberly-Clark Corp (KMB) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, expanding profit margins, notable return on equity and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: KMB Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV