Today's Pre-Market Mover With Heavy Volume: LaSalle Hotel Properties (LHO)
- LHO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $29.9 million.
- LHO traded 238,398 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:37 AM, representing 24.1% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LHO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LHO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LHO: LaSalle Hotel Properties, a real estate investment trust (REIT), engages in the purchase, ownership, redevelopment, and leasing of primarily upscale and luxury full-service hotels in convention, resort, and urban business markets in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.9%. LHO has a PE ratio of 40.0. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate LaSalle Hotel Properties a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for LaSalle Hotel Properties has been 797,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. LaSalle Hotel has a market cap of $2.7 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 1.64 and a short float of 7.4% with 5.50 days to cover. Shares are up 11.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates LaSalle Hotel Properties as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- LHO's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 10.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $74.77 million or 25.19% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 6.41%.
- LASALLE HOTEL PROPERTIES' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, LASALLE HOTEL PROPERTIES increased its bottom line by earning $0.52 versus $0.11 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.81 versus $0.52).
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full LaSalle Hotel Properties Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.