FREDERIKSTED, U.S. Virgin Islands, Oct. 22, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Altisource Asset Management Corporation ("AAMC" or the "Company") (NYSE MKT:AAMC) announced today financial and operating results for the third quarter of 2013. Net loss for the third quarter of 2013 totaled $2.6 million or $1.09 per share based on a weighted average of 2.3 million shares outstanding.
Net loss for the nine months ended September 30, 2013 totaled $4.9 million or $2.09 per share based on a weighted average of 2.3 million shares outstanding.
Third quarter business performance highlights:
- We facilitated the purchase of three portfolios of non-performing residential mortgage loans ("NPLs") for Altisource Residential Corporation ("Residential") having an aggregate market value of underlying properties of $712 million.
- We facilitated the entry into two master repurchase agreements with major financial institutions for Residential which have provided $325 million of additional borrowing capacity to finance the acquisition and ownership of sub-performing and non-performing residential mortgage loans and REO properties.
- We earned incentive management fees from Residential of $51,000 based on Residential's payment of a dividend of $0.10 per share to its stockholders.
- We priced the second accretive equity offering for Residential which closed on October 1, 2013, raising a total of $350 million.
- We transferred the listing of our common stock from the OTCQX to the NYSE MKT.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV