Norfolk Southern (NSC) ($80.00) is attempting to set a new multi-year high above the May 21 high at $81.00. The sell rated railroad has a semiannual value level at $77.40 with a weekly pivot at $79.70 and quarterly risky level at $81.28.
AT&T (T) ($35.22) moved above its 50-day simple moving average at $34.06 on Wednesday and is trying to return to its 200-day SMA at $35.53. The buy rated telecom utility has a weekly value level at $33.94 with a monthly risky level at $35.70.
WellPoint (WLP) ($87.60) set its multi-year high at $90 on July 24 and attempts to trade above that high failed on Sept. 16 and again on Wednesday. The buy rated health benefits provider is trading around its 50-day SMA at $86.37 with a semiannual value level at $83.77 with a weekly pivot at $85.96 and monthly risky level at $90.30.
At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned.Follow @Suttmeier This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV