WASHINGTON, Oct. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The U.S. Army Aviation Systems team, which provides helicopter mission equipment support to Conventional and Special Operations Aviation forces, has purchased additional airborne radios from Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) to support full-spectrum Army Aviation mission execution.
The $13 million award from the Army Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) was made in Raytheon's third quarter of 2013 under the Multi-mode Airborne Radio Set (MARS) program and supports all facets of Army Aviation airborne communications operation, to include air-to-air, over-the-horizon, and air-to-ground. The additional equipment increases the multi-year, MARS Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity contract value to more than $370 million and 5,600 radio sets.
The Army has standardized on Raytheon's ARC-231 satellite communications systems across Army aviation platforms. The radio provides Type 1 National Security Agency-certified encryption, the government's highest security certification.
About RaytheonRaytheon Company, with 2012 sales of $24 billion and 68,000 employees worldwide, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 91 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems; as well as a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. For more about Raytheon, visit us at www.raytheon.com and follow us on Twitter @Raytheon. Media Contact Peter Ramjug +1.978.886.7738 firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Raytheon Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV