Platinum-selling recording artist Demi Lovato ("DEMI") recorded a version of the song for end credits, which is available today on iTunes ( http://smarturl.it/dls5). Her music video for "Let It Go" premieres on "Good Morning America" on Nov. 1, 2013. "It's so relatable," said Lovato of the song. "Elsa is finding her identity; she's growing into who she is and she's finally accepting her own strength and magical powers. Instead of hiding it, like she's done all her life, she's letting it go and embracing it."
Lovato's fans were the first to hear her version of the song by creating a Social Snowstorm yesterday. Lovato encouraged fans to post #FrozenDemi, and within 10 minutes, the hashtag trended worldwide. Two hours later, the hashtag was used more than 300,000 times, officially unlocking the single ( Disney.com/DemiFrozen).
Lopez and Anderson-Lopez infused their signature sense of humor into the film's other songs, including the character-shaping song for Anna, "For the First Time in Forever." "This particular song was a tough nut to crack, because it had to do a lot of things," said Anderson-Lopez. "It had to introduce Anna as an optimistic, active person, but also as someone with a need to be filled over the course of the movie." The song ultimately illustrates Anna's desire for connection, while showcasing just how far apart she is from big sister Elsa, who's consumed by fear. Performed by Kristen Bell and Menzel, the song also introduces audiences to the kingdom of Arendelle.
Olaf gets his moment in the sun with the laugh-out-loud song "In Summer," in which the affable snowman shares his dream of spending a day in his curiously favorite season. Josh Gad, who counts Lopez' "The Book of Mormon" among his own credits, brings the song—and the snowman—to life.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV