KYOTO, Japan, Oct. 22, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nidec Corporation (NYSE:NJ) today announced its consolidated results under U.S.GAAP for the period of April 1, 2013 through September 30, 2013.
The highlights are as follows:
- Six-month sales up 21.5% y/y to a record high of JPY 429.6 billion.
- Six-month operating income down 5.7% y/y, but significantly surpassed the previously announced earnings guidance.
- Upward revision to FY2013 financial forecast and dividend outlook
- 1H FY2013 diluted EPS: 188.53 yen
- 1H FY2013 dividend: 45 yen per share
|Selected Consolidated Results of Operations|
|(Yen in millions, except for per share amounts and percentages)|
|Six months Ended September 30,||Increase (Decrease) %||Three months Ended September 30,||Increase(Decrease) %|
|Ratio of operating income to net sales||9.2%||11.8%||9.8%||11.2%||--|
|Income before income taxes||38,441||36,577||5.1%||21,075||18,243||15.5%|
|Ratio of income before income taxes to net sales||8.9%||10.3%||--||9.7%||10.5%||--|
|Net income attributable to Nidec Corporation||27,103||26,199||3.5%||13,757||12,917||6.5%|
|Ratio of net income attributable to Nidec Corporation to net sales||6.3%||7.4%||--||6.3%||7.4%||--|
|Net income attributable to shareholders per share-basic||201.99||195.28||--||102.53||97.28||--|
|Net income attributable to shareholders per share-diluted||188.53||182.27||--||95.70||90.74||--|
Full copy of Nidec's financial statements for the second quarter and six months ended September 30, 2013:
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts