PASO ROBLES and SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif., Oct. 21, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Heritage Oaks Bancorp (Nasdaq:HEOP) ("Heritage Oaks") and Mission Community Bancorp (OTCQB:MISN) ("Mission Community") today announced that they have signed a definitive agreement and plan of merger ("Agreement") whereby Heritage Oaks will acquire Mission Community and merge their respective banks, Heritage Oaks Bank and Mission Community Bank. Under the terms of the Agreement, holders of Mission Community common stock, warrants and options will receive aggregate cash consideration of $8.0 million and aggregate stock consideration of 7,541,353 shares of Heritage Oaks common stock. Based on the shares outstanding of Mission Community as of September 30, 2013, each share will be exchanged for approximately 0.8614 shares of Heritage common stock and cash consideration of approximately $0.19. The total value of the merger consideration is $56.4 million, based on a $6.42 closing price of Heritage Oaks common stock on October 18, 2013.
Heritage Oaks expects that the transaction will be immediately accretive to EPS, excluding deal related and restructuring expenses in 2014, and expects earnings accretion to be in excess of 20% in 2015. Heritage Oaks expects tangible book value dilution of approximately 5.7% at close to be earned-back within 2.75 years. The transaction is currently expected to close in the first quarter of 2014, subject to customary conditions, including the approval of bank regulatory authorities and the shareholders of both companies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV