First we considered sales growth quarter-over-quarter, which looks at how much the company added to sales in the past three months. Then we looked for signs that these stocks have performed well for investors – by looking at the return on investment (ROI) - which measures how good a company is at generating profits for investors.
Next, we looked at price-to-equity ratios (P/E), which measures how expensive each dollar of equity is for investors. This is a possible indicator that a company is undervalued, although P/E ratios vary industry to industry.
And to finally narrow down our list even more, we looked for companies with low debt levels, an indicator of long-term health, as indicated by the long-term debt to equity ratio (LTDebt/Equity).
We were left with 4 stocks on our list.Click on the interactive chart below to see data over time. Do you see investment opportunities during earnings season? Use the list below as a starting point for your own analysis. 1. Diamond Hill Investment Group Inc. (DHIL): Sponsors, markets, and provides investment advisory and related services to individual and institutional investors in the United States. Market cap at $363.13M, most recent closing price at $111.80. Sales Growth Qtr/Qtr: 22.8% P/E: 18.72 ROI: 70% LTDebt/Equity: 0.00. Earnings: October 24.
2. Heritage Financial Group, Inc. (HBOS): Operates as the holding company for HeritageBank of the South that provides retail and commercial banking services in southwest Georgia and north central Florida. Market cap at $130.72M, most recent closing price at $17.71.
Sales Growth Qtr/Qtr: 49.6%
Earnings: October 24.3. United Therapeutics Corporation (UTHR): Engages in the development and commercialization of therapeutic products for patients with chronic and life-threatening diseases in the United States and Internationally. Market cap at $4.08B, most recent closing price at $81.90.
Sales Growth Qtr/Qtr: 24.4%
Earnings: October 24.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV