(1) Third quarter 2012 includes $4.6 million in asset impairments, of which $4.4 million related to former well intervention operations in Australia ; and $6.0 million asset retirement obligation (ARO) increase related to our non-domestic oil and gas property located in the North Sea. Second quarter 2012 asset impairment charge of $14.6 million related to the sale of the Intrepid; $6.9 million ARO increase related to our non-domestic oil and gas property located in the North Sea.
(2) Non-GAAP measure. See reconciliation below.
Footnotes to “Segment Information, Operational and Financial Highlights”:
(1) Third quarter 2012 includes $4.6 million in asset impairments, of which $4.4 million related to former well intervention operations in Australia ; and $6.0 million asset retirement obligation (ARO) increase related to our non-domestic oil and gas property located in the North Sea.Conference Call Information Further details are provided in the presentation for Helix’s quarterly conference call to review its third quarter 2013 results (see the “Investor Relations” page of Helix’s website, www.HelixESG.com). The call, scheduled for 9:00 a.m. Central Daylight Time on Tuesday, October 22, 2013, will be audio webcast live from the “Investor Relations” page of Helix’s website. Investors and other interested parties wishing to listen to the conference via telephone may join the call by dialing 800-896-0105 for persons in the United States and +1-212-271-4657 for international participants. The passcode is "Tripodo". A replay of the conference will be available under "Investor Relations" by selecting the "Audio Archives" link from the same page beginning approximately two hours after the completion of the conference call. About Helix Helix Energy Solutions Group, headquartered in Houston, Texas, is an international offshore energy company that provides key life of field services to the energy market. For more information about Helix, please visit our website at www.HelixESG.com. Reconciliation of Non-GAAP Financial Measures Management evaluates Company performance and financial condition using certain non-GAAP metrics, primarily Adjusted EBITDA from continuing operations, Adjusted EBITDAX, net debt and net debt to book capitalization. We calculate Adjusted EBITDA from continuing operations as earnings before net interest expense and other, taxes, depreciation and amortization. Adjusted EBITDAX is Adjusted EBITDA from continuing operations plus the earnings of our former oil and gas business before net interest expense and other, taxes, depreciation and amortization, and exploration expenses. Net debt is calculated as the sum of financial debt less cash and cash equivalents on hand. Net debt to book capitalization is calculated by dividing net debt by the sum of net debt, convertible preferred stock and shareholders’ equity. These non-GAAP measures are useful to investors and other internal and external users of our financial statements in evaluating our operating performance because they are widely used by investors in our industry to measure a company’s operating performance without regard to items which can vary substantially from company to company, and help investors meaningfully compare our results from period to period. Adjusted EBITDA and Adjusted EBITDAX should not be considered in isolation or as a substitute for, but instead is supplemental to, income from operations, net income or other income data prepared in accordance with GAAP. Non-GAAP financial measures should be viewed in addition to, and not as an alternative to, our reported results prepared in accordance with GAAP. Users of this financial information should consider the types of events and transactions which are excluded.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV