ESCONDIDO, Calif., Oct. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Realty Income Corporation (Realty Income), The Monthly Dividend Company ®, (NYSE:O) announced today that, during the third quarter of 2013, the company invested approximately $503 million in new properties and properties under development or expansion with an initial weighted average contractual lease rate of 7.1% and a weighted average lease term of approximately 14.7 years. Approximately 72% of the revenue generated from these acquisitions is from investment grade tenants. During the first nine months of 2013, the company invested approximately $1.37 billion in new properties and properties under development or expansion, in addition to the $3.2 billion acquisition of American Realty Capital Trust, Inc. in January.
Realty Income, The Monthly Dividend Company ®, is a New York Stock Exchange real estate company dedicated to providing shareholders with dependable monthly income. To date the company has declared 520 consecutive common stock monthly dividends throughout its 44-year operating history and increased the dividend 73 times since Realty Income's listing on the New York Stock Exchange in 1994. The monthly income is supported by the cash flow from over 3,800 properties owned under long-term lease agreements with regional and national retail chains and other commercial enterprises. The company is an active buyer of net-leased properties nationwide. Additional information about the company can be obtained from the corporate website at www.realtyincome.com or www.twitter.com/realtyincome.
Note to Editors: Realty Income press releases are available on the Internet at www.realtyincome.com/invest/newsroom-library/press-releases.shtml.SOURCE Realty Income Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV