GERMANTOWN, Maryland, and HILDEN, Germany, October 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Collaboration to expand label of QIAGEN's FDA-approved therascreen ® EGFR RGQ PCR Kit and creates framework for long term development and commercialization partnership
- Companion diagnostic will run on QIAGEN's efficient Rotor-Gene Q MDx platform
- QIAGEN adds to growing portfolio of companion diagnostics in co-development with world's leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies
QIAGEN N.V. (NASDAQ: QGEN; Frankfurt Prime Standard: QIA) today announced a partnership with Clovis Oncology (NASDAQ: CLVS) to co-develop and co-commercialize a companion diagnostic test to guide the use of CO-1686, a novel Clovis Oncology product candidate currently in clinical development. The Clovis drug candidate will initially target an unmet clinical need in patients with epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) driven non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) for whom current EGFR-inhibiting drugs no longer control disease.
The diagnostic will build on QIAGEN's therascreen ® EGFR RGQ PCR Kit, which was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in July 2013 as a companion diagnostic for use in the treatment of metastatic NSCLC in patients whose tumors have certain EGFR mutations. Analytical performance of the therascreen EGFR test has been established for 21 EGFR mutations, including the most prevalent resistance mutation, T790M. The test supports efficient laboratory workflow with real-time PCR technology on the FDA approved Rotor-Gene Q MDx, which is part of the QIAsymphony family of laboratory solutions.
The development plan for the companion diagnostic complements Clovis Oncology's accelerated plan for CO-1686 development by potentially allowing a supplemental premarket approval (PMA) filing for the diagnostic. Subject to regulatory approvals, QIAGEN will be responsible for the global development and commercialization of the companion diagnostic, and Clovis will be responsible for the global development and commercialization of CO-1686. The partners also created the framework for possible future collaborations, thereby adding another master agreement to QIAGEN's growing pipeline of collaborations with some of the world's leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. Further terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts