- Total loans grew $3.1 billion, or 5%, from the prior year to $62.7 billion.
- Credit card loans grew $1.9 billion, or 4%, to $50.4 billion and Discover card sales volume increased 3% from the prior year.
- Credit card net charge-offs reached historic lows with a net charge-off rate of 2.05%. Credit card loan delinquencies over 30 days past due increased 9 basis points from the prior quarter to 1.67%.
- Payment Services pretax income was down $20 million from the prior year to $28 million.
Discover Financial Services Reports Third Quarter Net Income Of $593 Million Or $1.20 Per Diluted Share
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts