NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Jim Cramer and Debra Borchardt help investors by answering questions from his Twitter feed.
When asked for his thoughts on Agnico-Eagle Mines (AEM), Cramer said he is not a fan of the stock.
Although it used to be his favorite gold stock because of the company's five-year plan, Cramer said it has missed far too many earnings estimates to be considered legitimate anymore.
Despite the insider buying, he advised investors looking for gold exposure to do so via the SPDR Gold Trust ETF (GLD).Switching to the use of margin, or leveraged investing, Cramer called it the "devil's work." He added that when negative events drive down stock prices, it will cause many margin investors to sell near the lows. Finally, he said JPMorgan (JPM) is trading at a big discount to its peers, even though it's the best bank in the industry. Now that the bank's legal troubles have been settled, the firm can get back to business. That should allow the earnings multiple to expand, driving the stock price higher, Cramer concluded. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV