Energy Company Of Minas Gerais Stock Downgraded (CIG)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Electric Utilities industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 60.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $615.23 million to $243.44 million.
- The gross profit margin for CIA ENERGETICA DE MINAS is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 26.45%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the weak results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 17.33% is above that of the industry average.
- The share price of CIA ENERGETICA DE MINAS has not done very well: it is down 16.56% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- CIA ENERGETICA DE MINAS has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CIA ENERGETICA DE MINAS increased its bottom line by earning $4.10 versus $2.39 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 71.0% in earnings ($1.19 versus $4.10).
- CIG, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 14.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 67.0%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts