Yahoo today announced that technology columnist, best-selling author and television host David Pogue will join Yahoo to spearhead the company’s consumer technology content. David will lead a major expansion of consumer tech coverage on Yahoo and will publish columns, blog posts, video stories and more, starting later this year.
“Yahoo is a company that’s young, revitalized, aggressive and, under Marissa Mayer’s leadership, razor-focused,” David said. “We all thrive on new experiences, and as someone who loves to build cool new stuff, I’m excited to jump in head first.”
“Yahoo is in a unique position to bring to life great editorial about the technology consumers are using every day,” said Marissa Mayer, CEO of Yahoo. “David is tremendously talented, has a great sense of humor, and is one of the best technology experts I’ve ever encountered. I can’t think of a more perfect person to make technology more accessible and helpful for the hundreds of millions of people who come to Yahoo every day.”
David has covered the consumer technology industry for more than 25 years, most recently as a columnist for the New York Times. With more than 3 million books in print, he is one of the world’s bestselling how-to authors. David is also an Emmy-winning correspondent on CBS Sunday Morning and hosts the popular “NOVA ScienceNow” television series on PBS. For more information, visit www.davidpogue.com.About Yahoo Yahoo is focused on making the world's daily habits inspiring and entertaining. By creating highly personalized experiences for users, Yahoo keeps people connected to what matters most to them, across devices and around the world. In turn, Yahoo creates value for advertisers by connecting them with the audiences that build their businesses. Yahoo is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, and has offices located throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific (APAC) and Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) regions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV