NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Brittany Umar, Jill Malandrino and Andrew Krill discuss what investors should watch this week.
First up, Netflix (NFLX) reports earnings after the close on Monday.
On Tuesday morning, traders expect to be busy interpreting the nonfarm payroll report for September. The report was delayed by the government shutdown.
Krill suggested that investors aren't sure whether the report will matter, because the data are so old.Nonetheless, estimates have not changed, with economists expecting 180,000 jobs to be added during September and the unemployment rate to remain unchanged at 7.3%. Coach (COH), Freeport-McMoRan (FCX) and Lockheed Martin (LMT) plan to report earnings before the open Tuesday, and Amgen (AMGN) plans to report after the close. On Wednesday morning, Caterpillar (CAT), Eli Lilly (LLY), Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) and Boeing (BA) plan to report earnings, and AT&T (T) plans to report that day after the close. Thursday morning is very busy, with Celgene (CELG), Ford (F), Southwest Airlines (LUV), Altria (MO), Dunkin' Brands (DNKN) and 3M (MMM) on deck for earnings. Three big tech companies report after the close on Thursday: Amazon (AMZN), Microsoft (MSFT) and Zynga (ZNGA). On Friday morning, the government is schedule to release the durable goods report for September at 8:30 a.m. EDT. Procter & Gamble (PG) and United Parcel Service (UPS) plan to report earnings that morning. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV