Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- When Washington is away, the bulls do indeed play, Jim Cramer said on "Mad Money" Tuesday after another up day on Wall Street.
Cramer said with interest rates once again determining stock prices -- this time for the better -- there are a whole host of stocks moving to the upside.
Many consumer staple stocks received downgrades in recent days, but Cramer said he's still a fan of high-yielding dividend names including
(KMB). He also noted that
Johnson & Johnson
(JNJ), a stock he owns for his charitable trust,
Off the ChartsIn the "Off The Charts" segment, Cramer went head to head with colleague Mark Sebastian over the overall direction of the markets and what, if anything, can be gleaned from watching the CBOE Volatility Index (VIX), commonly known by its symbol, the VIX. Looking at a daily chart of the S&P 500 as compared to the VIX, Sebastian's analysis noted the normal pattern, where the S&P rises and the VIX falls, and the reverse where the index falls and the VIX rises. Times when both rose in tandem, such as May into June and again in August, were a precursor to a sharp move to the downside.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV