AUSTIN, Texas, Oct. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- National Instruments (Nasdaq: NATI) today announced the NI CVS-1457RT, a rugged, compact device powered by a 1.66 GHz Intel Atom processor and featuring two independent GigE Vision ports with Power over Ethernet (PoE) technology. These ports support deterministic camera triggering over the Ethernet bus, so users can power the camera, send triggers and acquire images all from a single Ethernet cable.
The NI CVS-1457RT also features FPGA-enabled I/O, which can be combined with the easy-to-use Vision RIO API to tightly synchronize vision inspection results with other parts of the system, such as encoders, ejectors and proximity sensors. The NI CVS-1457RT is programmed with either NI LabVIEW system design software or NI Vision Builder for Automated Inspection (AI).
The NI CVS-1457RT is a part of the LabVIEW reconfigurable I/O (RIO) architecture, an integral part of the NI graphical system design platform. A modern approach to designing, prototyping and deploying embedded monitoring and control systems, graphical system design combines the open LabVIEW programming environment with commercial off-the-shelf hardware to dramatically simplify development, so engineers can combine powerful vision tools, I/O, industrial communication, data logging and human machine interface into a single environment.
"The NI CVS-1457RT is a giant step forward for the NI Compact Vision System," said Jamie Smith, director of product marketing for embedded systems at National Instruments. "I don't think there's a better vision system out there for engineers and scientists involved in machine building, automated inspection, manufacturing or quality assurance."Key benefits:
- Form Factor: Small, rugged and fanless, the NI CVS-1457RT is ideal for industrial applications.
- PoE Technology: The NI CVS-1457RT reduces cabling complexity and is compatible with the latest low-cost PoE cameras on the market and non-PoE GigE cameras.
- I/O and Synchronization: Onboard I/O includes eight isolated digital inputs, eight isolated digital outputs, two transistor-transistor logic I/O, a quadrature encoder, a VGA port, two USB ports, a serial port and a LAN port.
- Programmable With LabVIEW: Engineers can enjoy the productivity benefits of the LabVIEW RIO architecture and easily integrate the NI CVS-1457RT into existing toolchains.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV