Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 10/23/13, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. (WSM) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.31, payable on 11/25/13. As a percentage of WSM's recent stock price of $52.98, this dividend works out to approximately 0.59%, so look for shares of Williams-Sonoma, Inc. to trade 0.59% lower — all else being equal — when WSM shares open for trading on 10/23/13.
Below is a dividend history chart for WSM, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.31 declared by Williams-Sonoma, Inc.:
In general, dividends are not always predictable; but looking at the history above can help in judging whether the most recent dividend from WSM is likely to continue, and whether the current estimated yield of 2.34% on annualized basis is a reasonable expectation of annual yield going forward. The chart below shows the one year performance of WSM shares, versus its 200 day moving average:Looking at the chart above, WSM's low point in its 52 week range is $41.99 per share, with $61.56 as the 52 week high point — that compares with a last trade of $52.84.
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, WSM makes up 2.96% of the SPDR S&P Homebuilders ETF (XHB) which is trading higher by about 0.2% on the day Monday. In Monday trading, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. shares are currently trading flat on the day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV