Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 10/23/13, Government Properties Income Trust (GOV) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.43, payable on 11/22/13. As a percentage of GOV's recent stock price of $24.99, this dividend works out to approximately 1.72%, so look for shares of Government Properties Income Trust to trade 1.72% lower — all else being equal — when GOV shares open for trading on 10/23/13.
Below is a dividend history chart for GOV, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.43 declared by Government Properties Income Trust:
In general, dividends are not always predictable; but looking at the history above can help in judging whether the most recent dividend from GOV is likely to continue, and whether the current estimated yield of 6.88% on annualized basis is a reasonable expectation of annual yield going forward. The chart below shows the one year performance of GOV shares, versus its 200 day moving average:Looking at the chart above, GOV's low point in its 52 week range is $21.95 per share, with $27.34 as the 52 week high point — that compares with a last trade of $25.01.
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, GOV makes up 3.67% of the KBW Premium Yield Equity REIT Portfolio ETF (KBWY) which is trading lower by about 0.3% on the day Monday. In Monday trading, Government Properties Income Trust shares are currently off about 0.2% on the day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV