New Lifetime High Reached: Parker Hannifin Corporation (PH)
- PH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $149.9 million.
- PH has traded 560,574 shares today.
- PH is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PH: Parker-Hannifin Corporation manufactures motion and control technologies and systems for various mobile, industrial, and aerospace markets worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.7%. PH has a PE ratio of 17.4. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Parker Hannifin Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Parker Hannifin Corporation has been 890,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Parker Hannifin has a market cap of $16.2 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.63 and a short float of 4.1% with 4.08 days to cover. Shares are up 27.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Parker Hannifin Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 17.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.49, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.09, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, PH's share price has jumped by 35.10%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, PH should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- PARKER-HANNIFIN CORP's earnings per share declined by 9.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PARKER-HANNIFIN CORP reported lower earnings of $6.22 versus $7.44 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.46 versus $6.22).
- You can view the full Parker Hannifin Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts