New Lifetime High Reached: Anacor Pharmaceuticals (ANAC)
- ANAC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $7.7 million.
- ANAC has traded 181,548 shares today.
- ANAC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ANAC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ANAC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ANAC: Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on discovering, developing, and commercializing novel small-molecule therapeutics derived from its boron chemistry platform. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Anacor Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Anacor Pharmaceuticals has been 334,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Anacor has a market cap of $407.0 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.51 and a short float of 13.9% with 4.21 days to cover. Shares are up 92.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Anacor Pharmaceuticals as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity and generally high debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, ANACOR PHARMACEUTICALS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 3.74 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Despite the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, the company has managed to keep a very strong quick ratio of 3.17, which shows the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry average. The net income increased by 5.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$14.84 million to -$14.10 million.
- ANACOR PHARMACEUTICALS INC has improved earnings per share by 23.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ANACOR PHARMACEUTICALS INC reported poor results of -$1.77 versus -$1.71 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$1.67 versus -$1.77).
- Investors have driven up the company's shares by 74.44% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in ANAC do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- You can view the full Anacor Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts