Ameriprise Financial (AMP) Hits New Lifetime High
- AMP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $108.7 million.
- AMP has traded 964,622 shares today.
- AMP is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AMP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AMP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AMP: Ameriprise Financial, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides a range of financial products and services in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.3%. AMP has a PE ratio of 15.9. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Ameriprise Financial a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Ameriprise Financial has been 1.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Ameriprise Financial has a market cap of $18.0 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.79 and a short float of 1.1% with 2.03 days to cover. Shares are up 45.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ameriprise Financial as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Capital Markets industry average. The net income increased by 43.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $223.00 million to $321.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 12.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market, AMERIPRISE FINANCIAL INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 55.55% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 64.40% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, AMP should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $373.00 million or 27.30% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 5.52%.
- You can view the full Ameriprise Financial Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.