Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) in conjunction with the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP), announced today the winners of the 21 st annual IACP/Motorola Solutions Webber Seavey Award for Quality in Law Enforcement. These top three programs stem from the United States and Canada, and have successfully raised awareness initiatives for local gangs, domestic violence and public perception of law enforcement.
- Houston Police Department (HPD) is being recognized for the “Stop Houston Gangs Initiative” after delivering significant and sustainable successes with 1700 tips, more than 600 arrests and having nearly 250,000 website visits since its installation in Sept. 2010. As a result of the “ Stop Houston Gangs Initiative” website, thirty-five gang fugitives featured on its website have been captured already this year, continuing to keep their cities safer.
- Denver Police Department (DPD) has been selected for its “Law Enforcement Advocate (LEA) Program” that increases the public perception of police while promoting youth and family advocacy, increasing offender accountability and maintaining public safety. The LEA Program principles have maintained the power of collaboration, innovative practice and continuity of police officer function to include active involvement after the arrest and conviction process.
- Edmonton Police Service (EPS) has received this honor for its “Domestic Violence Reduction Strategy Program” that works to identify its most vulnerable victims and create a victim support team while educating patrol officers about domestic disputes. The Domestic Violence Reduction Strategy Program addresses the city of Edmonton and its population of more than 820,000 with the most comprehensive domestic violence intervention follow-up of any police agency in North America.
Craig T. Steckler, IACP president and chief of police (retired), Fremont, California“We couldn’t be more thrilled with the three winners of this year’s IACP/Motorola Solutions Webber Seavey Award for Excellence in Law Enforcement. These programs are prime examples of the innovation and problem solving that were hallmarks of Chief Webber S. Seavey.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV