About the Study
- Consumers can find out what the cost of care is in 437 regions across all 50 states by visiting Genworth's Cost of Care website.
- Genworth's Let's Talk website offers tips for initiating conversations about long term care and financial planning with loved ones.
- Join Genworth's National Spokesperson and Olympic Gold Medalist, Wendy Boglioli, for discussions on being Financially Sound, Physically Strong at AskWendyB.
- On Genworth Celebrates Caregivers Facebook page, caregivers can have their questions about caregiving challenges answered by a professional care advocate.
- Genworth's Caregiver Support Resource helps families make informed choices about long term care.
The study, conducted by Genworth in conjunction with Directive Analytics, a third party survey administrator, in
, included interviews with 1,208 U.S. consumers 25 years of age or older. Respondents either were recipients of long term care or had a family member that was a recipient of care greater than 30 days during the previous 12-month period.
Genworth Financial, Inc. (NYSE: GNW) is a leading Fortune 500 insurance holding company dedicated to helping people secure their financial lives, families and futures. Genworth has leadership positions in offerings that assist consumers in protecting themselves, investing for the future and planning for retirement --including life insurance, long term care insurance, and financial protection coverages --and mortgage insurance that helps consumers achieve home ownership while assisting lenders in managing their risk and capital.
Genworth operates through three divisions: U.S. Life Insurance, which includes life insurance, long term care insurance and fixed annuities; Global Mortgage Insurance, containing U.S. Mortgage Insurance and International Mortgage Insurance segments; and the Corporate and Other division, which includes the International Protection and Runoff segments. Products and services are offered through financial intermediaries, advisors, independent distributors and sales specialists. Genworth, headquartered in
, traces its roots back to 1871 and became a public company in 2004. For more information, visit genworth.com. From time to time, Genworth releases important information via postings on its corporate website. Accordingly, investors and other interested parties are encouraged to enroll to receive automatic email alerts and Really Simple Syndication (RSS) feeds regarding new postings. Enrollment information is found under the "Investors" section of