(IACP, Motorola Solutions, Booth #120) – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers, today announced a new Push-To-Talk (PTT) application that extends the reach of today’s ASTRO™ 25 networks by allowing users with smartphones to connect to Project 25 (P25) users and talkgroups.
Motorola has been working closely with customers such as Harris County, Texas to refine how smartphone-based PTT communications can add value to the broader government enterprise. This includes public/private collaboration between public safety and university, commercial and retail security staff, along with utilities, public works, ports, command staff and secondary responders. Motorola’s new Unified PTT enables the police chief, fire chief, emergency management director, mayor, or public works administrator to participate in interoperable PTT communications with other P25 Land Mobile Radio (LMR) users who may not always carry P25 radios. It also enables interoperable communications from Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) smartphones for volunteer firefighters or off-duty first responders who do not take home public safety radios.
Harris County has been testing Motorola’s Broadband PTT product for nearly two years with its Public Safety LTE Band 14 system. Unified PTT is the evolution of Broadband PTT and now allows the ability to connect to users on wireless carriers using a range of off-the-shelf smartphones. Initially launching with Android™ devices, Unified PTT is expected to be available in December 2013.
- Unified PTT is part of Motorola’s VALR mission critical architecture, which enables multi-net operations, encompasses the entire continuum of a mission critical system, from the devices first responders hold in their hands to the applications in front of a dispatcher in a command center and including the wireless networks and common interfaces in between.
- Unified PTT includes servers and gateways that connect ASTRO 25 networks to broadband networks including cellular, Public Safety-LTE and Wi-Fi.
- It also offers a public safety-optimized user application operating on Motorola’s public safety-grade devices like the LEX 700 Mission Critical Handheld with Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) operating system and user downloadable client applications operating on consumer Android smartphones.
- Unified PTT is scalable up to statewide P25 systems with agency partitioning and presence.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV