NEW YORK, Oct. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Tripp Levy PLLC, a leading national securities and shareholder rights law firm, announces that it is investigating the acquisition of Tellabs, Inc. on behalf of shareholders. Tellabs (TLAB) announced that it has entered into a definitive merger agreement with entities affiliated with Marlin Equity Partners ("Marlin"), which provides that Marlin entities will acquire all of the outstanding shares of Tellabs for $2.45 per share in cash.
The investigation concerns whether the senior management and board of directors of Tellabs breached their fiduciary duties to shareholders by selling the company for an unfair price through an unfair process. Indeed, the book value alone of the company is worth $2.81 per share, the stock has traded over $3.60 per share within the past year and analysts have projected the stock to be worth more than the offer price ( $2.50 per share). Further, the offer is well below that of multiples of comparable deals in the industry recently.
If you would like additional information as to how this acquisition of Tellabs affects your rights as a shareholder, please contact us at:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV