Buyout Alert - Tellabs - Law Firm Seeks Higher Price For Shareholders In Connection With Buyout
NEW YORK, Oct. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Tripp Levy PLLC, a leading national securities and shareholder rights law firm, announces that it is investigating the acquisition of Tellabs, Inc. on behalf of shareholders. Tellabs (TLAB) announced that it has entered into a definitive merger agreement with entities affiliated with Marlin Equity Partners ("Marlin"), which provides that Marlin entities will acquire all of the outstanding shares of Tellabs for $2.45 per share in cash.
The investigation concerns whether the senior management and board of directors of Tellabs breached their fiduciary duties to shareholders by selling the company for an unfair price through an unfair process. Indeed, the book value alone of the company is worth $2.81 per share, the stock has traded over $3.60 per share within the past year and analysts have projected the stock to be worth more than the offer price ( $2.50 per share). Further, the offer is well below that of multiples of comparable deals in the industry recently.
If you would like additional information as to how this acquisition of Tellabs affects your rights as a shareholder, please contact us at:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV