DALLAS, Oct. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced the first analog DC/DC step-down controller with remote bipolar junction transistor (BJT) temperature-compensated inductor current sensing that minimizes total solution footprint in high-power POL conversion. The 20-V LM27403 DC/DC synchronous buck controller provides greater than 95-percent efficiency from a 12-V input at 25 A of output current to optimize solution size and deliver fast transient response in communications infrastructure, industrial, medical and power module applications. Used in conjunction with TI's award-winning WEBENCH® online design tool, the LM27403 simplifies DC/DC conversion and speeds the design process. For more information, samples and evaluation modules, visit www.ti.com/lm27403-pr. Watch a video on how to design a high performance converter here.
The temperature-compensated inductor DC resistance sensing improves the current limit accuracy to 10 percent over temperature by using a low-cost BJT to measure real-time temperature shifts, allowing the LM27403 to maintain a consistent current limit threshold across the operating temperature range. The current limit accuracy over temperature results in a smaller DC/DC converter footprint that reduces inductor over-design and allows for the use of smaller and lower-cost inductors. Watch a video demonstration of temperature-compensated inductor current sensing here.
The LM27403 provides a complete dynamic voltage solution when designed together with TI's LM10011 voltage identification (VID) interface controller and 30-V CSD87350Q5D synchronous buck NexFET™ Power Block MOSFET to adjust the core voltage (VCORE) of a VID-enabled processor, such as TI's TMS320C6000™ power-optimized DSPs and KeyStone™ based multicore DSPs.Additional features and benefits
- Wide 3-V to 20-V input voltage range converts 3.3-V, 5-V and 12-V input voltage rails to point-of-load (POL) as low as 0.6 V with one-percent accuracy.
- 30-ns minimum on-time allows higher switching frequencies at lower duty cycles, providing greater scalability and smaller solution size.
- 15-ns adaptive dead-time control provides higher efficiency in high frequency operation, reducing power consumption. Download the regulator design tool here.
- Output voltage remote sensing gives improved load regulation in high current applications.
- Order an LM27403 evaluation module.
- Download a reference design for the LM27403:
- Search for solutions, get help and share knowledge in the Power Management forum in the TI E2E™ Community: www.ti.com/powerforum-pr.
- Design a complete power management system online with TI's WEBENCH Power Designer: www.ti.com/webenchpwr-pr.
- Download power reference designs from TI's PowerLab™ Reference Design Library: www.ti.com/powerlab-pr.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts