JASPER, Ind., Oct. 21, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- German American Bancorp, Inc. was recently named to the prestigious Sandler O'Neill Sm-All Stars Class of 2013. This is the second consecutive year that German American has received this honor. The annual list recognizes the top-performing small-cap banks and thrifts across the nation.
Sandler O'Neill & Partners evaluated 450 publicly traded banks and thrifts to identify the top-performing small-cap financial institutions in the nation. The organization evaluated financial institutions based on growth, profitability, asset quality and capital. Based on those criteria, 31 banks and thrifts were selected for the Sandler O'Neill Sm-All Stars: Class of 2013 List.
"For German American to be named to the Sandler O'Neill Sm-All Stars Class of 2013 is indeed an honor. We're very proud to be recognized among the nation's top performing financial institutions and thank our customers, employees and shareholders for their commitment and trust in our Company", said Mark A Schroeder, Chairman and CEO of German American Bancorp. "This recognition is a testament to all our stakeholders' commitment and dedication to our Company."German American is a NASDAQ traded (Nasdaq:GABC) financial services holding company based in Jasper, Indiana. German American (through its bank subsidiary) that now operates 37 retail banking offices in thirteen Southern Indiana counties. The Company also owns a trust, brokerage, and financial planning subsidiary (German American Financial Advisors & Trust Company) and a full line property and casualty insurance agency (German American Insurance, Inc.).
CONTACT: Mark A Schroeder, Chairman/CEO of German American Bradley M. Rust, Executive Vice President/CFO of German American (812) 482-1314
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV