Tellabs To Be Acquired By Marlin Equity Partners For $891 Million In Cash
NAPERVILLE, Ill., Oct. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Tellabs (NASDAQ: TLAB) today announced that it has entered into a definitive merger agreement with entities affiliated with Marlin Equity Partners ("Marlin"), which provides that Marlin entities will acquire all of the outstanding shares of Tellabs for $2.45 per share in cash.
The price per share represents a premium of 4.3% over the closing share price on October 18, 2013, and 13.3% over the 180-day volume-weighted average closing share price as of the same day . In addition, the offer represents a premium of 28.9% over the current 52-week-low closing share price, which occurred on April 17, 2013. The transaction value represents a total equity value of approximately $891 million on a fully diluted basis.
Under the terms of the merger agreement, an affiliate of Marlin is required to commence a tender offer to acquire all outstanding shares of Tellabs' outstanding common stock for $2.45 per share in cash no later than November 1, 2013 . The merger agreement provides that, promptly after the closing of the tender offer, any shares not tendered in the tender offer (other than shares for which appraisal is properly sought under applicable law) will be acquired in a second-step merger at the same cash price as paid in the tender offer.Closing of the tender offer and closing of the merger are subject to certain conditions, including the tender of at least a majority of the outstanding shares of Tellabs common stock (on a fully-diluted basis) and the expiration or termination of the applicable waiting period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act. The transaction is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2013. The transaction is not subject to a financing condition.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV