DEARBORN, Mich., Oct. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ford Transit Connect Taxi adds Hong Kong to list of global cities where the vehicle will be in service
- All-new this model year, Ford Transit Connect Taxi features an unmatched combination of performance, fuel economy, safety, comfort and flexibility
- Ford C-MAX Hybrid also being adopted by taxi operators across the United States, where Ford leads with 60 percent share of the taxi market
Ford Motor Company today adds Hong Kong to the list of global cities served by its Transit Connect Taxi, building on the vehicle's popularity among taxi operators in New York City, Chicago, Miami and Los Angeles.
All-new this model year, Ford Transit Connect Taxi features an unmatched combination of performance, fuel economy, safety, comfort and flexibility."Ford Transit Connect Taxi has proven itself in taxi fleets across the U.S.," said Raj Nair, group vice president, global product development. "Now, we are building on that success, offering the vehicle for sale in even more markets, including global cities like Hong Kong." The Transit Connect Taxi Ford unveiled in Hong Kong comes equipped with a Ford-engineered, clean-burning liquefied petroleum gas fuel system. It is designed to run on Hong Kong's well-established LPG infrastructure, providing dependability, low maintenance and long-range travel. In the United States, Ford owns nearly 60 percent of the taxi market. On sale since 2010, Ford Transit Connect Taxi serves passengers in some of the most demanding taxi markets, including Las Vegas, Philadelphia and Boston. Taxi of the future today The 2014 Ford Transit Connect Taxi comes with a new powertrain – a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine paired with a new, fuel-efficient six-speed automatic transmission – providing drivers with quick response as well as durability, low-rpm cruising and an expected best-in-class highway fuel economy rating.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts