Environmentalists, Workers Seek Common Ground
Rich Fitzgerald, the Allegheny County Executive, said Pittsburgh's history has some important lessons for Power Shift: the convention center they're meeting in is named after David L. Lawrence, a former Pittsburgh mayor who worked with industry to help create some of the nation's first major air pollution laws in the 1940s.
Back at the Power Shift conference, Duckett noted the potential for environmentalists and labor to join forces, but said it won't be easy.
"That's a roomful of people that is sympathetic to workers, but they don't understand us. They don't see the world through that lens" of a working family, Duckett said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV