Juveniles Accused In Bullying Death Of 12 Year Old Should Be Charged As Adults, Florida Criminal Attorney Says
" Florida prosecutors will salivate over the prospect of filing adult charges against any juvenile who would brag about bullying a little girl to her death, if for no other reason than to send a message to society at large, for its deterrent effect on all other cyber bullies out there terrorizing our kids."
Even if prosecutors file charges against the teenagers as "adults," Contini further explained, they would be eligible under Florida law for "Youthful Offender" sentencing to any number of Florida prisons that are set aside for younger convicts like themselves, if convicted.
The girls were booked in a juvenile detention center and later released to their parents under house arrest pending completion of the sheriff's investigation of possible bullying, including on the suspects' social media sites.
Contini noted Florida is renowned for charging kids with adult crimes and waiving them over to "adult court" and sentencing them to life in prison.He cited the similar case of Lionel Tate, 14, who was implicated in a young girl's death. Tate was charged with murder in Broward County as an adult and was convicted and sentenced to life in prison. Contini's legal practice is recognized for successfully representing defendants in State and Federal cases involving murder, drugs, white-collar, sex, and federal crimes. A former Broward County felony trial prosecutor, Contini has successfully represented thousands of criminal defendants in Florida, Massachusetts and the US for more than 25 years. Contini is a faith-based legal authority on individual rights and freedoms, and author of several books on crime including "Danger Road: A True Crime Story of Murder and Redemption." For more information visit www.JohnContini.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org. SOURCE John P. Contini
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV