Inaugural LEAD ATA Class Meets For First Time
ORLANDO, Fla., Oct. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Today, the first class of LEAD ATA, the American Trucking Associations' program to engage and educate future industry leaders, met to begin their yearlong experience.
"As these extraordinary individuals begin the LEAD ATA program, we felt it was important to give them a deep introduction into what this association does, and can do, for their businesses and our industry," said Kevin Burch, ATA vice chairman and president of Jet Express, Dayton, Ohio. "With this tremendous first session behind us, we can now look forward exploring other important areas like the regulatory process, legislative affairs and business development."
Sponsored by PeopleNet, LEAD ATA is a one-year educational experience designed to engage and shape future trucking industry leaders. They met for the first time today before the start of ATA's annual Management Conference & Exhibition.Announced in May, the first class consists of 17 men and women ranging in age from 23 to 49, representing 12 states and working at fleets with between 28 and 30,000-plus trucks. The second session will be held January 2014 in Arlington, Va. American Trucking Associations is the largest national trade association for the trucking industry. Through a federation of 50 affiliated state trucking associations and industry-related conferences and councils, ATA is the voice of the industry America depends on most to move our nation's freight. Follow ATA on Twitter or on Facebook . Good stuff. Trucks Bring It! SOURCE American Trucking Associations
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV