NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Jim Cramer fills his blog on RealMoney every day with his up-to-the-minute reactions to what's happening in the market and his legendary ahead-of-the-crowd ideas. This week he blogged on:
- the huge governmental mishap and
- reasons why the market hasn't gone up.
Click here for information on RealMoney, where you can see all the blogs, including Jim Cramer's -- and reader comments -- in real time.
Politicians Are a Losing CausePosted at 2:38 p.m. EDT on Thursday, Oct. 17 Terrific, we get a reprieve from the government running out of money until Jan. 15. I feel better already. Let's face it. The deal was a total disgrace for all sides. There turned out to be no point to it whatsoever. Nothing was gained. Much was lost. We are a laughing stock globally and it takes two to create a laughing stock, or, more accurately, three: the Democrats led by our president, the old-line Republicans led by John Boehner and the Tea Party rejectionists or patriots or whatever you want to call them, nominally led by Sen. Ted Cruz, but actually led by no one. Nobody has clean hands. The rejectionists raised the cost of borrowing money for the U.S. government, perhaps permanently, in the name of lowering borrowing. I sympathize with any desire to cut taxes and cut spending, but you don't teach people a lesson by forcing them to break their word and we gave a promise to the nation's borrowers that we would make good on those bonds even if we hate doing so. The old-line Republicans demonstrated a shocking inability to lead their party, once again embracing stances that are both anti-large business and anti-small business. These guys talk a huge game about the job creators and they hail the small business people, but have they ever talked to any?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV