Think of how much easier it'd be to follow Game of Thrones if you had maps and family trees at your fingertips.
But with so much happening on the little screen in their hands, it might be harder for children to follow the real action that their parents have shelled out $15 for them to watch. And this is far from an isolated trend – Nintendo (OTC:NTDOY) has reportedly begun investigating making an interactive movie experience for its landmark franchise, Zelda.
Which of course begs the question, will this become the norm when we go to the movies? Even I can remember that wistful time before commercials ran ahead of the previews. As users crave a more interactive experience – one that puts them into the action as opposed to remaining strictly spectators – what will happen to the traditional movie theaters, and the films they show? Are they destined to go the way of the drive-in?
We at Kapitall Wire will be following this trend closely, although for the time being it's still probably best to continue silencing your devices before the opening credits.And consider the list below of stocks at the forefront of this crossover between film and personal technology. Click on the interactive chart to view analyst ratings for companies in our list over time. Is interactive cinema the future, with Disney winning the race? Use the list below to begin your own analysis. 1. Walt Disney Co. (DIS): Operates as an entertainment company worldwide. Market cap at $118.16B, most recent closing price at $66.35.
2. Apple Inc. (AAPL): Designs, manufactures, and markets PCs, mobile devices, and portable digital music players, and sells related software and third-party digital content and applications worldwide. Market cap at $458.48B, most recent closing price at $504.66.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV