NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Orthodontic technology developer Align Technology (ALGN) received a Cantor Fitzgerald upgrade to "buy" from "hold" with a price target of $60 from $42 on "improved volume and pricing trends. Analyst Jeremy Feffer said strong third-quarter results and forward guidance "allay many of our concerns."
For the third quarter ended Sept. 30, the Invisalign developer recorded net profit of $34.5 million, or 42 cents a share, on a 20.5% year-on-year increase to revenue of $164.5 million. The company gave fourth-quarter guidance of a 21% to 24% increase in volume growth and 27% to 30% in revenue growth.
JMP Securities reiterated a "market outperform" rating and raised its price target to $64 from $47. "We continue to recommend building a position in ALGN shares, given the introduction of new products (e.g. SmartTrack, Realine), its expanding global distribution, strong consumer demand, and an underpenetrated market," the investment firm wrote.
Shares soared 26.3% to $57.95 by market close on Friday. Unusually, share prices rallied 5.1% on Thursday as of market close and before the company had reported third-quarter figures.TheStreet Ratings team rates Align Technology as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate Align Technology (ALGN) a BUY. This is driven by some important positives, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, increase in stock price during the past year, increase in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: ALGN Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV