FORT WORTH, Texas
Oct. 18, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- RadioShack
returned to its roots this week with the opening of the company's first
-area concept store just minutes from where the company first opened its doors in 1921. The completely remodeled location can be found in Porter Square at
15 White St., Cambridge, Mass
The all-new RadioShack features a more open format, showcases the company's new look, and incorporates interactive areas designed to help shoppers improve their technology profile. Highlights include:
- Newly configured displays highlighting in-demand brands like Apple, HTC and Samsung, as well as mobile carriers such as AT&T, Sprint and Verizon;
- Store fixtures that enable shoppers to find and compare products, such as leading brands in sound like SOL REPUBLIC and Beats by Dr. Dre, a Speaker Wall allowing customers to demo speakers by playing music from their own Bluetooth-enabled mobile devices, and a display demonstrating the capabilities of several models of GoPro cameras;
- Technology that makes shopping interesting and playful, like touchscreens and apps that help shoppers understand product benefits;
- Free customer Wi-Fi, great for trying out new tech;
- Helpful, informative RadioShack staff, who can answer questions about hundreds of products and services and point customers to the items that meet their specific needs.
RadioShack is opening a select number of these high-touch stores in neighborhoods throughout the nation. The
location is the sixth concept store to open since the company began converting to the new format this summer.
Neighbors are invited to come see the newer, brighter RadioShack and pick up an instant savings coupon good for
qualifying purchase, while supplies last. Or check into the store on Foursquare to claim the deal for a limited time.
ABOUT RADIOSHACK CORPORATION
RadioShack (NYSE: RSH) is a leading national retailer of innovative mobile technology products and services, as well as products related to personal and home technology and power supply needs. RadioShack
offers consumers a targeted assortment of wireless phones and other electronic products and services from leading national brands, exclusive private brands and major wireless carriers, all within a comfortable and convenient shopping environment. RadioShack employs approximately 30,000 knowledgeable and helpful sales experts globally. RadioShack's retail network includes more than 4,300 company-operated stores in
the United States
, 270 company-operated stores in
, and approximately 1,000 dealer and other outlets worldwide. For more information on RadioShack Corporation, please visit
; to purchase items online, please visit
is a registered trademark licensed by RadioShack Corporation.
News Media Contact: Media Relations, +1-817-415-2381,
SOURCE RadioShack Corporation