FedEx Express, an operating company of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), today introduced its new 767-300 cargo jet scheduled to begin service this fall. The aircraft is the first of several new 767-300 freighters being added to the FedEx fleet, and represents a major step in the company’s strategically important aircraft fleet modernization program. The 767-300 joins 777s and 757s in the company’s growing fleet of more efficient, lower-emission freighters.
The aircraft was center stage at an event attended by FedEx team members and special guests at the company’s World Hub in Memphis.
“This is yet another positive step in our company’s fleet modernization strategy to add more efficient, lower emission aircraft to our global fleet,” said David J. Bronczek, president and chief executive officer of FedEx Express. “The operational efficiencies of the 767 will mirror those of the other new aircraft types we continue to introduce, and will provide the highly reliable service our customers demand.”
The initial 767 was delivered to FedEx from Boeing last month and is undergoing the certification process required to begin service. It is among 50 767s FedEx has ordered, which are scheduled to be delivered through the end of the company’s fiscal year 2019.With a maximum gross payload capacity of 127,100 pounds, the medium wide-body 767 Freighter has a flight range of 2,922 nautical miles (3,362 statute miles). “We are excited to see the 767 Freighter begin service with FedEx Express,” said Brad McMullen, vice president of North America Sales, Boeing Commercial Airplanes. “The 767 Freighter is an ideal addition to the FedEx fleet. It is an efficient and reliable freighter to support the FedEx strategy of providing fast, dependable service to customers worldwide.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV