3-D Printer Voxeljet's Shares Soars In Debut
By The Associated Press
Shares of Voxeljet AG more than doubled Friday after the 3-D printing company raised $84.5 million in its initial public offering.
Voxeljet's 3-D printers can make anything from vehicle parts to chairs to artwork. Its technology was used to make three Aston Martin model cars used as props in the James Bond film "Skyfall." Voxeljet sells its printers to companies in the automotive, aerospace, film, engineering, medical and consumer products industries.
The German company priced 6.5 million American depositary receipts at $13 each. The stock is trading on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "VJET."The shares rose $15.80, or 122 percent, to close at $28.80 Friday after trading as high as $29.06 earlier. Stocks of 3-D printing companies have soared over the last year as 3-D printing grows in popularity. Shares of The ExOne Co. have tripled since the company went public in February. Stratasys Ltd.'s shares have jumped 73 percent over the last year. And 3D Systems Corp.'s shares have more than doubled from a year ago. The printers force out layer upon layer of plastics, metal or other materials to create 3-D objects with moving parts. Voxeljet expects to use the money raised to expand its service center in Europe and open new service centers in North America and Asia. The company is based in Friedberg, Germany.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV